Major Adventures

Just a bloke's records of how his life unfolds.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Always searching for the greener grass

That is what I find myself always doing, always looking else where, looking for something 'better'. Today I took my first step at a little maturity and hope that I have done the right thing.
I had, yet another job interview, which went to plan, of sorts, and finally was offered the position. I had a great feeling for the kids and the Head Teacher and other teachers but I was thinking that Miss Organisation, Head of Technology and I wouldnt quite be the team we should have been. She was a little put out when I wanted to teach a GCSE Foot Technology class, which would mean she would give one up. The Head Teacher indicated that this would be the case, and the HOD was not impressed. Best not go down that road.
The job I have taken? Thanks for asking. It is the original job that I went for some 2 months ago now, finally, I rang the Head Teacher and spoke with her this afternoon. Its a nice small department, a decent wage, as she has placed me on the British scale of teachers, not on the Overseas trained. I asked for a lap top and for an interactive white board to be installed in the classroom, both of which she said yes to without hesitation. So the contract arrives tomorrow for me and my new job starting January 1, 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home