Major Adventures

Just a bloke's records of how his life unfolds.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Saga Update

So after a restless night and a self confidence self talking to, I came to work and had a meeting with the Head Teacher. She informed me of what a deplorable young person this student was and she was doing everything in her power to have the student permanently excluded from the School.
At the moment to girl is on a maximum suspension period which edges her closer and closer to being expelled from the school. I then saw this as a great opportunity to tell the Head Teacher that I have not been too happy with my induction into the school and have not felt supported. I then continued to tell her how the process could be improved for a new member of staff. This includes holding a staff briefing day and induction in the first week, not at the end of the second week.
The end of the story is that she agrees with everything I have said, she is extremely sorry for the 'unfortunate meeting' with the before mentioned student and would take all of my suggestions on board and ensure that the system is improved for new staff. She also wanted to assure me that this student was not a true representative of the School's cohort ... which is she right. Overall, the girls are nice, motivated and want to succeed. They are loud mouths, over confident but still manage to be able to put a smile on my face at the end of a stressful day. It can only get better from here. I hope all is well in your world and a little less colourful.
Cheerio then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home